May 11, 2015

3 Reasons to Invest in your Personal Development



Why would anyone want to invest their time and money in personal development? I'm not going to lie, it requires effort and time that could be spent with family or hobbies; but the benefits far outweigh the sacrifices. Here are 3, although there are many more, reasons why it pays to invest in your personal development.

1) THE MAGNETISM FACTOR

The personal magnetism of those who invest in their personal development is greater than that of one who does not. As a life long student of personal development I've found that people just naturally want to be around me, be associated with me, and even ask for my advice. I write this by no means to impress you, but to impress upon you the magnetic power of investing in personal development. Until recently I wrote this phenomenon off to an invisible LCD screen on my forehead that others must see that read: "Trust me...Tell me all your secrets...I can help."
Magnetism is the result of an inner radiance.[Tweet this]
People who invest their time and efforts into improving themselves are happier, friendlier, and more trustworthy. This is because they are constantly trying to improve themselves. What isn't more magnetic than that?

2) THE SERVICE FACTOR         

  I am a firm believer that being of service to others is what brings true happiness. The more we know, the more capable we are to be of service to those around us. Personal development is about learning, doing, and becoming more-more able, more happy, more knowledgeable, more skilled, etc.
Personal development is about learning, doing, and becoming more. [Tweet this]
The other day while watching Hawaii Five-O I thought to myself, "Is there anything that Steve McGarrett doesn't know how to do? All joking aside, we never know when a specific set of skills might come in handy. You might not be able to save the world, but when you help an individual in need, you save their world.

 

3) THE EXAMPLE FACTOR

The greatest example the world has ever seen is that of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Even in telling those
He served to not share of His works and in trying to not draw so much attention to himself His example drew throngs of people to follow Him wherever He went. His life and example are still having an impact today, over 2,000 years after His death. I just recently celebrated my 30th birthday and was so touched to receive letters from many of my family and loved ones who expressed specific ways that they have been influenced and affected by my example. I was so touched and balled my eyes out like a baby. No one can really be certain of the far reaching effects of their example, but investing in personal development helps you become someone people are compelled to follow.
Set an example in life and be an inspiration for history in death.[Tweet this]
Are the benefits of personal development worth the price? Why don't more people invest in their own personal development?

http://zc.vg/AcrYMxUcwv

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/23/2015

    Once I started investing in my personal development I actually found that I had more time to spend with my family and our relationships became more meaningful. Thanks for this reminder of the effect of that important choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your family and friends are interested or excited about personal development it can be even more fun. My family loves personal development and there is nothing as exciting as growing together with the people we love most!

      Delete
  2. Personal development is crucial. With the technology we have today, we can have a wealth of personal development material at our finger tips. There are too many other unproductive things out there that take up so much of our time, we totally miss out on taking time to create our better selves!

    ReplyDelete